Psychology is a discipline that should be interesting to anyone who considers themselves a conscious individual. Humanity has looked into the depths of the oceans and space. We have climbed over the highest mountains and descended into the deepest caves.
And yet, the brain hasn’t revealed all of its secrets. For all who want to learn more about the most mysterious organ of the human body, we present the following psychology research paper topics. Pick one for yourself and write an incredible A-level academic paper!
Research Topics for Psychology With Free Samples
If you need a template for your essay, follow the links, and you’ll find well-written samples on different research topics for psychology.
Analytical Psychology Research Paper Topics
- How not to lose personality in the workplace?
- Why do people need long-term relationships?
- How should parents cultivate a child’s uniqueness?
- Intentional buying: what psychological processes are involved?
- The main conditions of a psychologically healthy life.
- Why is bullying considered normal for adolescents but not for adults?
- Analyze the child development theory of multiple intelligences by Howard Gardner.
- Why do people with schizophrenia have difficulties with identifying emotions?
- Psychological advantages of breastfeeding.
- Why do more men than women commit suicides?
- How can employers reduce stress in the workplace?
- Psychological difficulties that single parents face while raising a child.
- The psychology of dreams: origins and development.
- Why is conformity more natural for women than for men?
- How did scientists explain homosexuality in different epochs?
- The structure of personality according to Freudian theory.
- The concept of self by William James.
- Yin and Yang: psychological concepts.
- How has social media changed our morality?
- Money behavior in marriage and gender stereotypes.
Psychology Research Paper Topics for Argumentative Essays
- Can we transform our consciousness with our willpower?
- Can selfies be considered an indicator of narcissism and psychopathy?
- Working mothers: do they harm their kids’ development?
- Should parents avoid gender stereotypes while raising children?
- Do kids become liars because adults lie to them?
- Psychopathy: can it be treated?
- Can Sigmund Freud be considered the main innovator in psychology?
- Is the grieving process different if the death was expected?
- Is social media addiction different among adolescents and adults?
- What is worse: low self-esteem or high self-esteem?
- Is child depression possible?
- Is sex addiction real?
- Is group therapy an effective method to treat PTSD?
- Do child temperament types differ from those of adults?
- Is interracial adoption a good idea from a psychological point of view?
- Is marriage necessary in modern society from a psychological point of view?
- Are sports important for our mental health?
- Do mentally stable individuals become terrorists?
- What is the main idea of the book “The Selfish Gene” by Richard Dawkins?
- Psychological experiments on animals: do people have a right to conduct them?
- What are the main reasons for volunteering? What makes us help other people?
Compare and Contrast Psychology Essay Topics
- Compare and contrast friendly and loving relationships. What is the main dissimilarity?
- Compare and contrast psychological and biological reasons for attractiveness.
- Compare and contrast two child development theories.
- Compare and contrast political and commercial advertising from a psychological perspective.
- Compare and contrast married couples and cohabitants from a psychological perspective.
- Compare and contrast episodic, mental, and declarative imagery components.
- Compare and contrast behavioral and psychological parental control.
Psychology Research Ideas for Definition Essays
- Define the term “traumatic grief.” Are its effects on mentality irreversible?
- Define the term “Macbeth Effect.” What are its causes?
- Define the term “post-traumatic stress disorder.” Describe the main symptoms and methods of therapy.
- Define the term “special populations.” Do representatives of these groups frequently face psychological problems?
- Define the term “defense mechanisms.” What is their main purpose?
- Define the term “memory errors.” Describe three types of memory errors.
- Define the term “borderline personality.”
- Define the term “sociopathy.” Can sociopaths live in our society without breaking social rules?
- Define the term “depression.” Why doesn’t society take it seriously?
- Define the term “self-esteem.” What external factors shape our self-esteem?
- Define the term “unconscious inference.”
- Define the term “social Darwinism.” Is it related to racism?
Cause and Effect Research Topics in Psychology
- How does chocolate consumption affect our mood?
- How does bullying affect the mentality of children?
- Is child obesity mostly caused by parental negligence?
- How does the professional life of a psychologist influence his or her personal life?
- What therapeutic effects does painting have?
- Does attachment affect adult relationships?
- How does singing and listening to music influence our mood?
- Can emotions affect our sports performance?
- How do gender differences cause difficulties in communication?
- Overprotective parents: how does their behavior influence child development?
- Biological and psychological causes of mood disorders.
- The negative effect of outside influences on child development.
- Parental alcoholism and its impact on a child’s mentality.
- How does stress cause psychological disorders?
- The negative impact of Barbie dolls on the self-esteem of young girls.
- Does violence in computer games really cause adolescent aggression?
- Is the negative impact of household violence on children’s mentality irreversible?
- Positive and negative effects of gender stereotypes on impression formation.
- How does conflict in the parent-child relationship affect a child’s future romantic relationship?
- Learning disabilities and their psychological effect on children’s self-esteem.
- What are the main causes of infidelity in marriage?
- What causes anxiety in dreams?
- How does the use of social media affect our ability to empathize?
- How do long-term relationships influence our social behavior?
- Are eating disorders often caused by advertisements?
- What psychological factors cause mass shootings?
Developmental Psychology Research Topics
- The development of reflective judgment and moral judgment.
- Role games as a means of developing psychological competence in adolescence.
- Why do children fight?
- The concept of aggression and the causes of its manifestation in children.
- The development of self-confidence in middle childhood (from 7 to 11 years).
- History and causes of dyslexia. A review of various modern methods of the diagnosis and correction of dyslexia.
- The psychological status of a person subjected to abuse in the family.
- The prevention of child suicides and their relationship to family conflicts.
- The peculiarities of the personal development and aggressive behavior of adolescent boys from single-parent families.
- Personal determinants of parenthood: paternity and masculinity.
- Gender roles: positive and negative impacts on family relationships.
- How the roles of men and women have changed in society.
- Influence of mass media on the formation of a child’s personality.
- Features of mental and psychosexual development of persons who have experienced sexual violence.
- Personal and social-emotional development in late adulthood (old age).
- Behavioral and emotional characteristics of adolescents from divorced families.
Cognitive Psychology Research Topics
- Cognitive psychology of coping with loneliness.
- Comparison of early Buddhism and concepts of cognitive psychology.
- Social expectations for gifted children and their influence on a child’s self-esteem.
- The manifestation of the cognitive unconscious in the phenomenon of overconfidence.
- Behavioral and cognitive impact of media on adolescents.
- The influence of music on the cognitive development of children of primary school age.
- Art-therapeutic methods and techniques in socio-psychological training.
- Emotional responsiveness: content and methods of development.
- The natural and social components of empathy and altruism.
- The diagnostic and therapeutic importance of medical empathy in psychiatry.
- Features of cognitive development of preschool children.
- The role of attention in the development of cognitive processes.
- Influence of power loads of different directions on the properties of short-term memory.
- Psychological mechanisms of the Deja vu effect.
- Paramnesia: Cryptomnesia, false memory syndrome, and confabulation.
- Cognitive psychology: the theory of the dual process of thinking.
- The psychology of decision making, or how we make choices.
Abnormal Psychology Research Topics
- The diagnosis of children with attention disabilities.
- Mechanisms of psychological protection of drug addicts and their relationship with personality traits.
- Pathological study of cognitive processes in organic brain lesions.
- Methods of diagnosis of specific personality disorders among young people.
- Psychological model of social anxiety disorder. Diagnosis and treatment.
- Violation of the basic components of cognitive activity in young men and women with schizophrenic disorders.
- Features of the course of circular depression in patients with concomitant personality disorder.
- Depressive disorder with generalized anxiety. Diagnosis and treatment.
- The influence of hereditary factors in the formation of depressive disorders in children and adolescents.
- Clinical features of a recurrent depressive disorder in the cases of multiple sclerosis.
- Differential diagnosis and treatment of depressive disorders in women during menopause.
- Factors influencing the treatment of depressive disorders.
- Theoretical analysis of the mechanisms of the emotional Stroop effect.
- Perfectionism and satisfaction with body image in the personality structure of patients with eating disorders and alimentary obesity.
- The use of group art therapy in the complex hospital treatment of patients suffering from severe mental disorders.
- The system of psychotherapy for family disadaptation in men and women with personality disorders.
- Approaches to complex therapy of panic disorder. Treatment options.
- Personal features in the mechanisms of the pathogenesis of a panic disorder.
- The occurrence of nocturnal panic attacks and their connection with depressive disorders.
- Psychological protection in the children of mothers with personality disorders.
These 148 interesting psychology topics are more than enough to satisfy the pickiest student. If you still don’t feel inspired enough, we can offer a reasonable solution. Apply to the EssayShark writers! We’ll help you to compose a high-quality essay on any topic in psychology.
We’re available 24/7, so don’t hesitate to place your order right now!
Topic suggestion tool
Instantly find great topics for your essay