The history of sports reaches as far back as ancient times when people needed to have strong bodies to survive. Each time our ancestors hunted for animals to have food, they risked their lives. To avoid the jaws of death, people needed to become stronger physically. Over thousands of years, they came up with special training and organized special religious ceremonies where they also showed their physical strength and leadership.
Passing through many challenges, humanity developed various games which bordered on cruelty. The inaugural games at the Flavian Amphitheater (more widely known as gladiator fights in the Colosseum) or animal entertainment in Spain were attempted to entertain the local nobility and praise gods. Luckily, modern sports are far away from their past iterations. Actually, the sports that we can recognize today were developed in the 19th century, primarily in Europe. Becoming an ultimate tool for improving cultural and social issues, sports became a favorite activity for participants and beholders.
Becoming a professional affair, sports have grown as a big business industry. It is difficult to find youth who haven’t engaged with sports. Studying masters’ game strategies, younger athletes are inspired for higher achievements. Those who study sports professionally need to learn writing to apply this skill in their career. Writing research papers on sports will help students to analyze sports events and maintain theoretical knowledge. The benefits of writing about sports are countless.
In the further article, you will find more than 150 topics prepared by ourthat will inspire sports students to write an engaging piece.
11 Tips on How to Select the Best Sports Topic
If you struggle with writing a research paper on sports, you’ve probably chosen the wrong topic. Try to reconsider your approach to topic selection and use the following recommendations before writing your sports research paper.
1) Decide on a topic that will meet the teacher’s instructions.
2) To make your work engaging for readers, find the topic that hooks you firstly.
3) Enjoy the research process because it is essential for rich and valuable content.
4) Make your topic narrow to simplify the research. With more strict limits, you will easily focus on relevant information and extract only necessary facts for your paper. Also, avoid making the topic too narrow because you risk not finding any sources for it.
5) Know what your topic is about. When you have some experience with sports or an issue you are writing about, it is advantageous.
6) Brainstorm what you can include in your sports research paper. Note any associative words and concepts that come to your mind. This is a crucial part of topic development because it will help you to develop a thesis.
7) Define what the research question is about. If you know what research question you are going to answer in your research paper on sports, you’ll do it more effectively while writing a draft.
8) View the topic from various angles. Adding to the general approach, think about a sociological angle, focusing on a specific community, a historical angle concentrating on a specific period, or a geographical angle, focusing on a specific location.
9) Explore with in-depth research. Based on your sports research paper on such sources as scholarly articles and books, you can modify or polish your topic based on findings.
10) Research is a dynamic process, and you can choose a different approach to it. Don’t be afraid to discover new things for your sports research paper with an interview or survey.
11) The topic development process will help you increase your thesis’s value, which is essentially your proposed answer to your research question. You will then be ready to use the sources you’ve found to answer your research question or support that thesis.
Sports History Research Paper Topics
- What are the most spectacular football matches in FIFA history?
- How have new sports developed over the past decades, and why have these changes come about?
- The most successful PR campaigns of sports marketing in the US in the 1980s.
- How have athletics careers changed in the last 50 years?
- The history of hockey in the USA.
- Compare the development of countries that invested in sports in the 20th century more than countries that supported other industries. Have sports countries become more successful nowadays?
- How had sport regulations changed during the Second World War?
- How have the Olympic games been developed through the times, and how has it affected the global sports culture today?
- Dangerous ritual sports that have been banned worldwide.
- The history of the Paralympics games.
Women in Sports Topic Suggestions
- Female athletes in sports and their career development today compared to the 20th century.
- What prevents women in sports from making a mark?
- Can exercise therapy cure the bone density for women with osteoporosis?
- Should female coaches train only female athletes?
- How was the taboo lifted eventually for female athletes?
- How important is it psychologically and physiologically for female athletes to keep the normal hormone level?
- The pay gap in sports for females compared to male athletes.
- Who transgender athletes should play for: men or women?
- Should men and women mix to compete in sports?
- What are the most popular sports for women?
Running Sports Paper Topic Ideas
- Time is the best motivation for the running athlete to break their own records.
- Running, in general, is unsafe for the body.
- How can sneakers damage athletes’ feet?
- How should running athletes prevent professional foot diseases?
- Best running shoes: does the choice of shoes affect the competition results?
- Usain Bolt’s unique story.
- What is easier: marathon or sprint? The specification of the long-distance run compared to the sprint.
- What role does genetics play in an athlete’s ability to sprint or run a marathon?
- How do track conditions impact a runner’s results?
- Legal false starts: are they helpful to come to finish earlier?
Sports Medicine Research Paper Topics
- Chronobiological features of respiratory functions in highly qualified athletes.
- The influence of fitness yoga classes on the physical condition of women in a period of menopause
- Describe what influence the absence of sports and obesity have on health.
- Describe similarities and differences between methods of assessment of heart rates.
- Analyze causes that have led to deaths through the history of the Olympic Games.
- The effect of Ayurvedic drugs in the practice of sports medicine.
- Analysis of the functional state of adolescents engaged by professional sports.
- Positive and negative effects of caffeine on athletic performance.
- Influence of sport activities on functional activity of neutrophils.
- Effects of practicing sports among people with various heart diseases.
Sports Injury Research Paper Topics
- Types of injuries in weightlifting, powerlifting, and bodybuilding.
- Compare the sport traumas among preschoolers and teenagers.
- Effectiveness of elastic therapeutic tape with a shoulder trauma.
- Localization, mechanism, and treatment of traumas in the rowing slalom.
- Specificity of treatment of sports injuries in children and adolescents.
- Diagnostic and rehabilitation after anterior cruciate ligament injury.
- Statistics of injuries in volleyball and ways of its prevention.
- Technologies in the physical rehabilitation of athletes with vertebral-spinal injuries.
- Types, localization, and mechanism of trauma among young female gymnasts.
- Protective sports mouthguards and features of oral dental pathology in sportsmen of various sports.
Sports Psychology Research Paper Topics
- The use of neuro-linguistic programming in increasing results in sports.
- Aggression in sports and comparative analysis of its expression among qualified wrestlers.
- Psychological and physiological aspects of doping in sports.
- Volitional regulation and motivation of young athletes in artistic gymnastics.
- Psychological characteristics of concentration and attention among sportsmen in shooting sports.
- Peculiarities and methods of psychological recovery of athletes after trauma.
- Style of child-rearing in families of professional athletes.
- Women’s psychology: Needs and emotions in women’s sports.
- Peculiarities of the psychological preparation of women’s pair in acrobatic gymnastics.
- Modern problems of gender studies in sport psychology.
Sports Theory Research Paper Topics
- Comparative analysis of anthropometry of sportsmen in martial arts and athletics.
- Compare the sensitive periods of coordination among young girls in rhythmic gymnastics.
- Compare and contrast short interval and long interval training.
- Unique approaches in creating training programs for runner-athletes.
- Peculiarities of training programs for children’s fitness.
- Why do scientists and coaches need to work together?
- Biomechanics of muscles in the cycle of Nordic walking.
- Comparative analysis of effectiveness of stretching on performance of the high jump.
- Sociological approach in formation of sports leaders.
- Cultural identity and features of sport culture in Korea, Japan, and China.
Sports Nutrition Research Paper Topics
- Effects of specialized biologically active and nutritional supplements in sports nutrition.
- Use of curd whey in the sports nutrition industry.
- Role of microelements in sports nutrition and safety of metal chelates.
- Methods of creating individualized diets for athletes.
- Organization of sports nutrition in fitness centers and sports clubs.
- Nutrient support of athletes during training, competition, and recovery periods.
- The effects of isotonic drinks for rehydration at high physical exertion.
- Methods of drawing up a balanced diet for weightlifters.
- Development of effective functional sports nutrition for martial artists.
- Particular qualities of nutritional support for young athletes.
Sports Doping Research Paper Topics
- Methods of detection of anabolic steroids as doping in sports.
- Risk factors for cardiovascular disease of various kinds of doping.
- Doping and its influence on the health of professional cyclists.
- The problem of parents that push young athletes to receive doping.
- Autotransfusion and its effects on the body of athletes in sports.
- Influence of steroids on memory and brain functions.
- Arterial thrombosis as a consequence of steroids.
- Types of tests used for doping control.
- Interconnection of doping of physical and cognitive functions
- Analysis of main concepts of the World Anti-Doping Code.
Tennis Research Paper Topics
- Effects of mental training during preparation of tennis players for competition.
- Criteria for selecting promising tennis players among adolescents.
- Peculiarities of tennis training program for 5-6 year old children.
- The relation of personal traits of a tennis player to individual sports style.
- Management of competitive pressures among professional tennis players.
- Treatment of common tennis injuries with elastic therapeutic tape.
- Process and types of evaluation of preparedness for competition among young tennis players.
- The influence of tennis lessons on the development of students’ memory.
- Ways of increasing the speed of reaction for tennis players.
- The use of a special tennis training program for development of endurance.
Soccer Research Paper Topics
- The structure of the attacking actions of soccer players.
- Psychological approaches and techniques in the training of young soccer players.
- The increase of injuries during a soccer match compared to ordinary training.
- Relation of menstrual disorder to regular soccer training among girls.
- Peculiarities of technical training programs for female soccer players.
- The affect of bad teeth on performance quality of a professional soccer player.
- The differences and similarities between female and male soccer.
- Use of jumping exercises in training goalkeepers in soccer.
- The most common injuries among soccer players, and their prevention and treatment.
- History of soccer development in China and its perspectives.
Cricket Research Paper Topics
- Avoiding traumas of the teeth during cricket.
- Statistics of eye injuries and its prevention during cricket training and matches.
- Peculiarities of medical epicondylite among cricket players and treatment management.
- Relation of cricket injuries to commotio cordis.
- History of cricket: review of English sports periodicals of the 18th and 19th centuries.
- The use of the Hawk-Eye complex in cricket matches.
- Influence of cricket in the creation of softball sports.
- Imran Khan as representative of the professional cricket player.
- Types of matches in cricket. Difference between Test and limited-overs games.
- Analysis of cricket techniques and tactics depending on the player.
Best Topics in Sport Science
- A meta-analysis of the effectiveness of FIFA injury prevention programmes in soccer.
- The efficacy of Copenhagen adduction exercise and nordic hamstring exercise on dynamic balance among male athletes: a randomized controlled trial.
- An electromyographic analysis of combining weights and elastic tubes as a method of resistance for exercise.
- Exercise mitigates the loss of muscle mass by attenuating the activation of autophagy during severe energy deficit.
- Effect of exercise programs of varied mechanical impact loading on the bone mineral density of school boys.
- Maximal jaw opening as a method of producing concurrent activation Potentiation.
- Active ankle movements improve renal blood flow in community-dwelling elderly.
- Is your virtual self as sensational as your real? Virtual reality: the effect of body consciousness on the experience of exercise sensations.
- Heart rate cost of running in track estimates velocity associated with maximal oxygen uptake.
- Golf and social class. A barrier to participation.
- Cycling as the best sub-8-hour performance predictor in full distance triathlon.
- Rehabilitation of athletes following knee joint meniscus injuries.
- Can exercise therapy be used to enhance bone density in females with osteoporosis?
- Physiological and health aspects of speed skating.
- Healthy nutrition and means of rehabilitation during increased exercise.
- How physical activities help in the prevention of visual impairment in school-age children.
- Physical education for persons with mental disabilities.
- Adaptation of left-handed child in the “right-handed” world.
- Bone integrity and exercise in high-risk groups.
- The role of physical exercises in maintaining a correct posture.
- Theory and application of coaching.
- Kinesiology as a problem-solving method in psychology.
- Exercise and the tumor microenvironment: potential therapeutic implications.
- The microvasculature and skeletal muscle health in aging.
- Specificity of “live high-train low” altitude training on exercise performance.
- Exercise is an adjuvant to contemporary dystrophy treatments.
- Skeletal muscle function in the oldest-old: the role of intrinsic and extrinsic factors.
- Identifying novel signaling pathways: an exercise scientists guide to Phosphoproteomics.
- Modulation of energy expenditure by estrogens and exercise in women.
- Concepts about VO2max and trainability are context-dependent.
- The development of sport for the disabled community.
- Social class and physical education in primary schools: a comparative study of physical education in two urban primary schools.
Resources to Develop a Sports Research Paper Topic
These will probably not be scholarly references you can add to your paper, but they may bring you more in-depth academic resources that you can use in your research.
- Your instructor
- Online courses
- Class notes
- Online library
These sources are an excellent start for your researching process. You can benefit from encyclopedias, databases, books, and visual and audio materials to help you start writing on sports. Consider such library resources as CQ Researcher, Credo Reference Unlimited, Gale Virtual Reference Library, and subject-specific encyclopedias to simplify topic selection. They provide excellent overviews and introductions to various themes.
Write a Research Paper on Sports With EssayShark
A sport is a spectacular event, and each kind has its own glory. Being knowledgeable in sports topics helps many students to write remarkable research papers. Still, most newbies in writing lack knowledge of which topic to choose and how to come up with an interesting one. For instance, every student who studies sports should consider the significance of healthy nutrition. On our service, you can not just order a custom essay about meals athletes but also find samples on our blog onon their overall well-being.
Consequently, if you need professional help on the topic selection or writing process, you can place an order, and we will contact you shortly! Choose a writer for your sports research paper and get reliable support.